In order for your child to embrace the camp experience please do not bring any electronic devices eg iPads, kindles, iPods, electronic games (if brought along they will be locked in safe keeping for the week).
To minimise disruption to the camp routine, please keep calls to a minimum or emergencies. We will call you if there are any problems.
Should you need to talk to your child you can call our landline between 6.30–7.30pm (if you get the answering machine keep trying as it means the line is busy).
- Single fitted sheet for mattress cover (compulsory even if using a sleeping bag, can be hired for $8)
- Pillow and pillow case
- Doona or sleeping bag
- (flat sheet for hot nights in summer or extra blanket for chilly nights in winter)
- If necessary bring plastic mattress protector
- 2 garbage bags (for wet and dirty clothes)
- 2 towels – one for showers and one for any water activities
- Soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush
- Deodorant roll on (no aerosols, we have found a lot of people are sensitive to these)
- Insect repellant repellent (roll on type)
- Must be noted on the booking form and handed in on arrival at camp
- Prescription medication to be in original packaging, prescribed to the child and indicating dosage.
- Essential – A clip-on or over-the-shoulder water bottle or camelbak is suitable for riding. Over the shoulder water bottle holders are for sale at Kiah Park for $9.50 (they fit a 600ml water bottle)
- A special book you are reading, please do not bring along electronic books.
Variety Show Item
- Thursday is Variety Show night. This is a fun night where you get a chance to share anything that we can all enjoy together.
e.g. A magic trick, musical instrument, song, joke or short skit.
Clothing (bring enough clothing for 7 days)
- Jeans or jodhpurs for riding (long pants are necessary for comfort and to prevent chaffing)
- Jumper Warm jacket for winter
- Socks & underwear (ensure socks are long enough to cover your ankles to avoid rubs from riding boots)
- T-shirts–(no crop tops, singlets or sleeveless tops for horse riding)
- Swimming togs (we swim in the dam so bring along old togs and t-shirt to swim in)
- Raincoat (compulsory for rainy days, not the poncho style as they flap and frighten the horses) Rain jackets can be purchased at Kiah Park for $25)
- Hat (compulsory for outdoor activities)
- 3 pairs – riding boots (used for riding only), thongs and closed in shoes (runners) for walks and playing.
- Smooth soled riding boots are compulsory for horse riding.
- Bring your own or hire boots $16per week.
- Bring your own or we will provide.
- Bring spending money for the canteen; wallets will be locked in the canteen for safe-keeping.
Kiah Park Shop
- Kiah Park souvenirs for sale: water bottles, thermo mugs, brush/mirror, rulers, bookmarks, pens, bracelets and toiletries.
- Band Aids & Panadol – please label with child’s name. To be kept in Kiah’s first aid box and returned at end of camp.
- Two for dirty and wet clothing (Please mark all items with child’s name)
*Do not bring chewing gum.